Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Week 4 & 5 "Comments4Kids" Assignment

Week 4: Student Blog Page
I commented on a 5th student's blog page in the Avoca School District. Jacqueline's blog page was full of things that she was doing in the classroom. Her posts were her reflections on these learning experiences. Her latest post was about working with Photoshop to create a cartoon. I wrote that she impressed me that she was able to work with the program at such a young age. It seems like she really enjoyed the assignment too.


Week 5: "I have a dream...what is yours?" post

Students wrote poetry that reflected ideas and the form of Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I have a dream" speech. Several students were featured on the post and I commented on one student's work. The 5th grader's work about her dreams. My favorite line she used was: "Global warming history,Tomorrow a brand new day,Everybody delighted,In every single way!"-Anna S. I made sure I let her know that she was a good poet and I enjoyed reading her work. I also wrote that I thought that this assignment seemed to be very enriching. These children, because the students were using their imaginations to think about how they could make the world a better place by poetry writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment