Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 24th Blog Post, PLE & 2 Questions

The first video I watched is a 7th grader's PLE(Personal Learning Environment):
Here's a link to the video, Welcome to My PLE!
In this video, the student created a social bookmarking site. On the site she also had links to pages that weren't scholarly. I really liked the Note-taking feature she talked about which saved information from website in an archive with the location it was found. The student said she was free to learn about the things that interested her--her example was box jellyfish. This freedom gives her the responsibility to learn on her own. She also tried to email experts in this field of study to check the accuracy of her work. Compared to my PLN and this student, we have separate ways of learning, but we both are learning through the internet. I am going to try and find her note-taking application and try to add it to my PLN.

Two Questions:
1. Is it OK to be a Technically illiterate teacher?
Absolutely not! Times are changing and in order to stay up do date with the world around us, a teacher needs to be one step ahead of her students and technology. With the incorporation of email in the school system and PowerPoint, I don't understand how a teacher cannot want to utilize technology in the classroom.

2. What's my sentence?

Two questions that can change your life from Daniel Pink on Vimeo.


I'm not sure what my sentence would be yet, maybe something like "I will not settle for mediocre today, I need to do my best always."

Were you better today, than yesterday?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I too liked the note taking application. It seems very handy and useful. I am going to search for it too.

    ReplyDelete