Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Comments for Teachers Week 13, 14

For the next few weeks I will be following Allanah King Dragonsinger blog.

The first post read,

Last week I tried my hand at some time lapse photography in my classroom. I did a little research (thanks to the sister of a colleague who attended Learning@School this year) and discovered some Mac software called gawker which runs on your computer taking photographs at whatever interval you specify. I showed my students how it worked then set my laptop up to run during 3 different blocks of time during the day: literacy time; maths time & lunch time (which was very interesting to watch). I’d like to get a whole day but that would mean a little more thought as I’d need to reposition things for power supply etc.

So here we go – a glimpse of Room 9 on St Paddy’s Day.





I thought that this was absolutely fascinating that she did this. I wrote:

Hi my name is Spring. I attend the University of South Alabama and I was assigned to follow your blog for the next few weeks. I think it is great that you are incorporating new technologies in the classroom. Is there anything else you are using in the classroom?

This video was really cool to watch! Take a look!

My teacher commented back with:

Hi Spring – we use all sorts of technology – video, camera, recording (for podcasts), computer technology – we’ve used google wave, docs etc. We’re on a journey that has endless opportunities.
I’m waiting for the iPad to be released in NZ – I’d like to use that in my classroom too.

I left her another comment on 4/14/2010:


Yes, that’s awesome! It really does seem like the possibilities are endless. My professor actually just got his ipad a few weeks ago and is already putting it to good use!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. It was great to have you visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete