Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 11th Assignment

Posting work to a blog is important because this information can be shared. By utilizing the internet as a podium, so much more information can be found. Through these connection new connections are made.

Below are 3 examples of sharing information via the internet(blogs, website, comments, Skype)



1. "Dear Kaia":
My last blog post shows how a father's (addressed to his daughters) blog captured the attention of Mr. Chamberlain's classroom. The class was commenting on their blog when Kaia's father decided to Skype the class through blog posts.

Read the "Dear Kaia" blog post
Watch Mr.Chamberlain's the response video to Dear Kaia

2. Another connection that was made is as I was commenting on Jackie Gorski's Blog post about the above connection, Mr. Chamberlain's commented on her post about their response video for Kaia. It was amazing.

Jackie Gorski's post about Dear Kaia

3. After watching "The Last Lecture" video, I ordered the book that I found out Randy Pausch wrote based on his lecture. I did not know he even wrote this book until I read the comments below the post of this video on YouTube.

Watch The Last lecture here, or below on my post titled: The Last Lecture



Skype this semester(thus far...):



This semester, I have used this technology to keep up with some of my classmates. Mandy, Rachel, and I use this program to communicate with each other on off weeks when we don't have class to make sure we are all caught up and clarify any questions we have about assignments. I also have my Skype set up, but have not yet used it to contact Dr. Strange, but the semester is not over!

1 comment:

  1. I agree! Posting things to a blog is really important, it's nice to be able to connect with people all over the world!

    ReplyDelete